I grew up playing and teaching in Riverdale in New York City. I played and taught at Horace Mann school, and my college career was stalled by two ACL operations from basketball injuries. I continued to teach at Stadium Tennis Center next to Yankee Stadium, and the prestigious Roosevelt Island Racquet Club on the island. Then I moved to Palm Beach Gardens, FL to pursue a golf career while teaching tennis at the famous PGA National Resort & Spa, home of the PGA Tour's Honda Classic golf tournament. I also love technology and the arts, and still follow all the New York sports teams as an avid fan.
1. Physics: There is no opinion or guesswork here. Physics is the universal truth along with math, and my engineering background allows me to relay this information with confidence on any part of the game.
2. Physiology: Not every move and every endeavor works with every body. A 250 lb man cannot play the exact same was as a 70 lb girl. Strength, flexibility, agility, athleticism, biology, diet, sports history, injuries ALL have to be considered even before the first advice is given.
3. Psychology: None of the above works without the proper mindset. You can be the most talented player on earth, but if you cannot set your mind properly in order to play to your potential, every hour you practice can be wasted. Every player has a unique history and life preference. That is also how you should play your tennis.
- Ironhorse Country Club
- 8055 Ironhorse Blvd
- West Palm Beach, FL 33412
- Bear Lakes Cc
- 1901 Village Blvd
- West Palm Beach, FL 33409
I can only best decribe it in a list!
• Great understanding of the game + techniques
• Simplifies your thoughts on the court
• Knows exactly the right thing to say
• Has a gift with his choice of words for explaining technque and strategy
• He really cares about his students improving
• Has a love for the game
• He teaches more than one technique
• He teaches what is better for each individual
• Has more than one way of teaching
• Philosopher of tennis
Jay is an outstanding instructor as well as a coach. He cares about each and every one of his students and has the unique ability to customize students individual needs in order for them to make the best possible improvements in their game.
I am more informed than ever in so many aspects of the game. I feel more comfortable on the court and now performance has improved consistently. I have had lessons from many all around the area and up north... Jay is the best, we have worked on things that no one else even mentioned.