Hi, my name is Dylan. I am an energetic guy from a small town in Long Island, New York, and have been passionate about tennis ever since I was 10-years-old. That energy and my passion for the sport is what drives me to see others achieve their tennis goals while having lots of fun doing so. I have an extremely encouraging approach to my lessons and classes I work with and adapting the structure of my lessons depending on the age and skill level. A little about my tennis backround... At 16 years old, ranked top 10 in Long Island and top 40 in the Eastern Section. At age 18, placed All-American in the NYSPHSAA Championships. Gold medal in doubles at the Empire State Summer Games. (July, 2010. Buffalo, N.Y.) In 2012, competed in the USTA National Men’s Indoor doubles tournament, Flushing Meadows, N.Y., reaching the fourth round and competed in one futures doubles tournament reaching the third round.
Focusing on a specific session plan for each individual is crucial -- depending on what you are trying to achieve and what goals you would like to reach in this sport.
- For this skill level, I focus on making the game smaller...literally. It can be intimidating going on the court for the first time *at any age* and not feeling rushed. I typically start off every beginner at the half court line. Half court tennis or (mini tennis) is the best way to help with a new players judgement of the ball. What to expect in a session:
- Fun and coordination building racquet & ball control drills
- *Footwork* Learning the ready position & split-step movement(will start to come naturally after doing several times)
- Learning to hit the ball with racquet already positioned at the contact point.
- Balance in movement and shot hitting
- Thinking about multiple things at once
- Fun games incorporating what they learned
- Rollins College Tennis Courts
- 1000 Holt Avenue
- Winter Park, FL 32789
- Blanchard Park Ymca
- 10501 Jay Blanchard Trail
- Orlando, FL 32817
- Delaney Park
- 1055 Delaney Ave
- Orlando, FL 32806
- Glenridge Middle School
- 2900 Upper Park Road
- Orlando, FL 32814
- Trotwood Park
- 701 Northern Way
- Winter Springs, FL 32708
Dylan is a great coach and committed to improving my game. Today is a good example of the kind of person Dylan is. We had a lesson scheduled at 7:00 am this morning. He was concerned about the rain from the previous night and was on the court at 5:45 am texting me the courts were not playable and we rescheduled. I am looking forward to my next lesson.
Dylan coaches my 12 year old daughter and does an excellent job! Her game is getting better and he keeps her motivated. She really looks forward to her lesson and I highly recommend him. He is also very prompt, professional and has a great personality.