Student Policy Manual
Here at MyTennisLessons, we feel tennis should be fun, a great work out, as well as instructional. We’ve drafted the Student Policy Manual to help ensure that you get the most from your tennis lesson experience.
By using the Service as defined in the MyTennisLessons Student Agreement, you agree to abide by the rules and terms of the Student Policy Manual.
This section describes the scheduling, billing, payment, and renewal terms of the Services offered by MyTennisLessons. The Service to which you are subscribed is indicated in your student account.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want your lessons experience to be excellent, so we offer the MyTennisLessons 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on our lesson packages. If you take your first lesson and decide that you do not wish to continue with that coach, we will set you up with a new coach at no additional charge. If we can not match you with a new coach we will refund the amount for the remaining lessons on your package. In order to obtain a refund, you must provide us with a notice of cancellation within 24 hours following your first lesson.
- Students are expected to be on time to all lessons.
- Lessons will end at the scheduled time, even when students are late.
- If you are running late, notification to your instructor or to MyTennisLessons is needed.
Rescheduling and Make-Up Lessons
- Rescheduling lessons is allowed if you give your instructor at least 24 hours of notice before the lesson is scheduled to occur.
- Lessons must be made up by the end of the calendar month in which the lesson was originally scheduled, and are subject to instructor availability.
- In the event that your instructor will not be able to attend your scheduled lesson:
- A substitute will be provided upon request, or
- The lesson will be rescheduled, or
- A lesson credit will be issued to your MyTennisLessons account for future scheduling.
This section describes the payment terms and methods of the services offered by MyTennisLessons.
- We generally accept the following payment methods:
- VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover credit card or debit card.
- eCheck: withdrawal of funds from your bank account via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- Note that actual accepted payment method(s) may vary depending on Retailer.
- In order to obtain a refund, you must provide us with a notice of cancellation within 24 hours following your first lesson. Please note that if you take any lessons past your first lesson or you fail to give us said 24 hours of notice following your first lesson, you will not be refunded.
- We will refund your initial payment if your instructor misses your first lesson, or is otherwise in violation of the guidelines in the Instructor Policy Manual during the first lesson.
- If the student cancels at least 48 hours before the first lesson, all lessons are refunded.
- No refunds are given for missed lessons.
- No lesson credits are given for group lessons missed by the student.
- Gift Certificates, Gift Cards and Collective Buying Coupons are non-refundable.
- All credits for tennis lessons are non refundable after 30 days from purchase.
- All credits for tennis lessons expire 6 months from purchase.
Payment in Advance
- All private, semi-private, and group lessons must be paid in advance.
- In order to give the instructors proper time to prepare for the lessons, payments must be received at least 2 days in advance of any lesson.
- If we are unable to collect payment from you at least 2 days in advance of any lesson, we reserve the right to reschedule the lessons or release the time slot to other students.
Ethics and Conduct
This section describes the ethics and conduct policies of the Services offered by MyTennisLessons.
- If the MyTennisLessons instructor teaches in the student’s location, it will be maintained as a clean, safe place suitable for lessons.
- If the MyTennisLessons instructor teaches in the student’s location, and the student is a minor (under 18 years of age), the student’s parent or guardian will be present for the duration of each lesson.
- If the student is less than 13 years of age, a parent or guardian must stay at the lesson location for the duration of the lesson.
- The student’s parent or guardian must pick up the student from the lesson location on time. MyTennisLessons instructors cannot watch the student after the lesson is complete, as he/she will most likely be teaching someone else. Parents/guardians who are more than ten minutes late picking up the student will be assessed a late pickup fee of $2.00 per minute starting at eleven minutes past the end of the lesson.
- Parents/guardians and students will not possess, use, sell, or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while attending lessons.
- The parent/student relationship is with MyTennisLessons. To solicit a MyTennisLessons instructor to schedule lessons outside of the MyTennisLessons system is illegal and may cause the instructor to lose his or her job with MyTennisLessons. Students, parents, and guardians will not circumvent the MyTennisLessons program.
MyTennisLessons expects teachers and students to be committed to creating and maintaining an environment free of sexual harassment.
Prohibited conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Unwelcome behavior of a sexual nature
- Unwanted touching or physical contact
- Sexual propositions or unwanted flirtations or advances
- Comments about an individual’s body or dress
- Consensual relations or romantic relationships between teacher/student are inconsistent with the proper role of the teacher, and the integrity of the Services provided. For that reason, MyTennisLessons prohibits relations between a teacher and a student during the period of the student/teacher relationship.
- To file a formal grievance, contact the Director of Recruiting. The procedure depends on the circumstance and the status of the person bringing the charge, and the person against whom the charge is brought. It is recommended that you put your complaint in writing, providing dates, times, places, and witnesses to the harassment.