The Site collects two kinds of information from you: (1) personal information that you submit to us, and (2) non-personal information, such as the pages you visited on the Site and your IP address. To learn how to opt out of receiving further information from My Tennis Lessons, see the Section E below.
- Personal Information. We collect and use personal information about you in the following ways:
- Registering on the Site. You may supply My Tennis Lessons with your personal information when you register on the Site. For example, a client who registers on the Site must provide a full name, state of residence, email address, date of birth and password. For an instructor to register on the Site, he or she must provide full name, state of residence, email address, date of birth, username, password, home address, contact number, court locations, weekly schedule availability, instructor bio, photo, and Social Security Number (For a criminal background check). My Tennis Lessons may, from time to time, change the information that it requests from the visitors to the Site.
b. Lesson Scheduling. You may supply My Tennis Lessons with further personal information, including your home address and credit card information, when you schedule a lesson on the Site. We use a third party company to process credit card transactions, but we may have access to this data.
c.E-mail. If you submit feedback, questions, or requests for information about My Tennis Lessons services, we may request your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address in order to respond to your inquiries. My Tennis Lessons may collect and store the information you choose to provide us to send you information about My Tennis Lessons from time to time.
d. Surveys and Promotions.
- Loyalty Programs and Promotional Services. We may gather information from you when you sign up for any loyalty program or other promotional offer made via the Site. As part of those services you may be required to provide personal contact information such as your name, shipping address, phone number, or e-mail address. This information may be used to contact users with further information about My Tennis Lessons services, to fulfill the terms of any scheduling, or to monitor or improve use and satisfaction of the Site.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We collect and use non-personally identifiable information about you in the following ways:
- Cookies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Site. For example, when someone visits a page within the Site, a cookie is placed on the user’s machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Site previously. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to our Site. Some of the cookies we use may be flash cookies or Adobe cookies. While they are harmless, they may contain demographic information and, depending on your browser, these cookies may not normally be deleted when your cookies are deleted. Please check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted.
- Referrers, IP Addresses, and Environmental Variables. My Tennis Lessons also may collect information through referrers, IP addresses, and various environmental variables. A referrer is information the web browser passes along to the My Tennis Lessons web server that references the URL from which you came. An IP address is a number used by computers on a network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you. An environmental variable may include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed the Site, the type of web browser and operating system or platform used, the Internet address or the web site you left to visit the Site, the pages you visit while at the Site, and the Internet address of the web site you then visit. My Tennis Lessons may collect IP address information in order to administer the Site and to gather broad demographic information.
- Behavioral Advertising Information. We may use tracking devices and cookies to collect non-personal information about the users of our Site. The information collected may help us provide recommendations to you, serve you with advertisements or direct you to a product or service that we believe may be of interest to you. The purpose of this data collection is to optimize your experience on our Site and to ensure that the advertisements offered to you are relevant. We take steps to ensure that the information we collect and share for advertising purposes remains anonymous. For more information about this type of advertising and to opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements from certain advertisers, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Geolocation Data. We may also collect your location if you choose to allow our Site to track your location or if your personal or non-personal information indicates a certain geographic location. This information may help us provide recommendations to you based on your location, serve you with advertisements or direct you to a product or service that we belive may be of interest to you and that is marketed to people near your location.
1. Use of Personal Information Collected Via the Site. We use your personal information that is collected on the Site primarily for the following purposes:
- To deliver the services that you requested via the Site, such as lessons or other appointments
- To deliver you information, alerts, or newsletters that you request, or that we believe may be of interest to you
- To alert you to special offers, updated information, and other new services from My Tennis Lessons, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials
- To complete a transaction or service requested by you
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion
- To ensure the Site is relevant to your needs
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Site
- Use of Non-Personal Information. We use non-personal information in the ways described above, either alone or in combination with personal information. We also may use non-personal information in other ways as permitted by applicable law.
- Disclosure of Personal Information. My Tennis Lessons will share the personal information in the following ways:
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, we will share the personal information of clients with the instructor(s) that they have selected. Similarly, My Tennis Lessons will share the personal information of instructors with clients. By registering with the Site, you agree to allow your data to be shared in this manner. If you do not want your data shared in this manner, please do not use the Site.
- To respond to your request or enter you into a promotion. If you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personal information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfillment purposes or with mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of that promotion.
- To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers, or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your name, contact information or any behavioral or geolocation data that we have collected from you, for research, administrative, and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use this information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration, or business purposes. If you do not want us to share this type of information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain the Site and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf, and entry collection, winner selection, and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personal information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer the Site will have access to users’ personal information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personal information to us.
- To comply with applicable law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of applicable law or comply with legal process served on us; protect and defend our rights or property; or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors, clients, and instructors and provide such information to third parties.
- To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from the Site. In the course of such verification, we may receive personal information about you from such services. For example, we may be required to use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your credit card information and address matches the information that you supplied to secure a registration via the Site.
- Finally, in the unlikely event that all or substantially all of our assets relating to this Site is sold or transferred to another party, your personal identifiable information may be transferred to this acquiring entity.
- Disclosure of Non-Personal Information. We use non-personal information collected on the Site in the manner described in Sections B.2 and C.1
- Rights Reserved.
Third Party Links
This Site may contain links to other sites. Additionally, third parties may from time to time link to the Site. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRACTICES OF ANY OTHER WEB SITES. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that they visit.
We communicate with users who subscribe to our services on a regular basis via email. For example, we may use your email address to confirm a scheduling request, to send you notice of changes to your scheduling request, to send you information about changes to our services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by applicable law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
However, we may provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Site. The opt-out choice will be provided in the emails that we send to you, when required to comply with applicable law. If you choose to opt-out of any email correspondence, we will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.
Notification of Changes
Special Policy Regarding Information from Children Under Age Thirteen
My Tennis Lessons is not targeted to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from any child under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we do receive such information, we delete it as soon as we discover it and we do not use it or share it with third parties.
We make an effort to have reasonable security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control, including using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to collect and transmit your information. If you have any questions about the security of the Site, please contact [email protected].
Waiver / Severability
Effective Date: December 26th, 2011
Last Modified Date: December 26th, 2011